What would you do if you were told you might be furloughed for the second time? In my case, I took three days of vacation and left for Chicago with my family. My goal was to distract myself from the sad news and redirect my energy to positivity.
It is a challenging time, especially for businesses. We know businesses are all about profits. If I am a business owner, my decision would be in the best interest of my business. No matter how hard we worked. This is a short-term necessity for businesses to keep their long-term goals sustainable and unchanged.
If you are a parent, and you have children, you know, you do not have time to be sorry for yourself. For instance, at times of uncertainty, I have hope.
Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.
It is a life-proven experience that women are strong. Let’s look at the benefits of being laid off:
- You can get a severance package.
- You can enjoy some time with yourself and your family.
- You can visit dentists and other doctors within two weeks
- You can search for a new job
- You can open, start and/or extend your own business
- You can wear your mask and meet your friends 🙂
- Or learn new skills – it is never too late to learn
- You can start exercising or exercise more
- You can write your own thoughts and ideas
- What would you do?
There are many opportunities out there. You can always come back and open the same door when it is the right time. It is easier to write than to follow, I know.
Buy me a coffee
Coffee that helps MOM stay active and happy as a laid off mother. Thanks for your contribution!